Peer Recovery Support Services (PRSS) provide both short and long-term support for individuals in recovery, including individualized recovery coaching, weekly peer-driven support and educational groups, and connections to community resources such as financial assistance, health and wellness support, and housing services.
Our program consists of a team of peer recovery coaches who are in long-term recovery and trained to support individuals navigating recovery from substance use disorders. Their “lived experience” provides clients with expertise that professional training cannot replicate. All services are provided free of charge, in person or virtual.
Peer recovery coaches provide a wide range of services including:
- Providing emotional support and advocacy for people in recovery
- Serving as a peer mentor and accountability partner
- Sharing knowledge by leading weekly recovery support and education groups focused on skills building and goal-setting
- Providing practical assistance, including transport companionship
- Helping build communities of support for individuals and their relationships, including alcohol- and drug-free social activities
- Connecting people to community resources and opportunities through referral services
Referral Services: We partner with case managers, treatment providers, parole/probation officers, and other mental and behavioral health practitioners in a collaborative effort to achieve the highest possibility of success.
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services
- Mental Health or Co-occurring Services
- Financial Assistance/Family Needs
- Health and Wellness Support
- Education & Job Training/Skills
- Career Closet/Clothing Closet
- Court-Ordered Community Service Projects
- Veteran Services
- and More!
Monday – Friday | 8 AM – 5 PM
If you would like to refer someone to this program, please click the button below and fill out the form.
Want to become a Peer Specialist?
Recovery Resource Council provides ongoing training and certification programs for Certified Recovery Support Peer Specialists in Texas.