HIV Outreach and Prevention locates and supports people affected by substance abuse and who are already HIV positive and don’t know it, and those who are at risk for contracting or spreading HIV infection. The Council’s Outreach Team delivers services in the community wherever high risk groups are likely to gather: health clinics, substance abuse treatment facilities, homeless shelters, parks, nightclubs, street corners, and community-based service organizations. In addition to testing and education, emphasis is placed on making individuals aware of available services and helping them gain access to care.
HIV Outreach Services
- HIV Testing (free finger stick testing) and counseling
- Distribution of risk reduction materials
- Risk reduction steps
- HIV/STD educational presentations
- Referral of HIV positive clients to HIV Early Intervention case management services
- Referrals and linkages to other support services