HIV Early Intervention (HEI) provides services to people facing the unique set of challenges of living with chemical dependency and HIV.
HEI Program Eligibility
Individuals qualified for enrollment are those who are HIV positive and have problems or have had problems in the past with alcohol and/or other drug abuse. Clients must reside in Dallas, Denton or Collin County and meet financial eligibility requirements. Support for families and significant others is also available.
- Substance abuse assessments
- HIV testing (free one minute finger stick testing) and counseling
- Psycho-educational support groups
- Intensive case management
- Risk reduction accountability
- Transportation support
- Support for medical, dental, optical and mental health services
- HIV/STD educational presentations
- Referrals and linkages to other support services